Author: Sofia Falcone

Love me the way I am.  Do not enable me on things which can deteriorate my growth as  a person but love me for who I am, for the things in me which are what make me unique.  Love me with my rollercoaster of emotions, love me even though at times I am wild and tempestuous, chaotic at times, imperfect, opinionated, always luminous, sometimes woman, sometimes child.  Do not wish me docile nor submissive….Do not wish me to be the type of person who does things to please others, or to have others praise me. Do not wish me silent or afraid of other’s opinion of myself.  Do not idealize me or try to turn us into a love which only exists in pamphlets…..  Do not hide our nuances or our troubles in an attempt to keep up with other’s version of happiness; do not wish us to be like them, pretending everyday is a Disney Movie. … Our follies, our struggles bring us closer and they are what make you and me unique.  If you want me to be like them then better let me go, release me back to my world, to my currents, to my delicious freedom and solitude, to my roots, for I am wild and crazy, at times tempestuous but with a heart of gold, either take my hand and let me show you the magic which lies within us and around us or keep your path and let me keep mine…for a beautiful soul is not the one which pretends wounds are not there, but those who although damage are not broken, those who stand up every time life throws a punch and manage after all the struggles to still believe in the wonders of life.  Beautiful isn’t perfect…is REAL, that is what I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment