When I was a child .....


When I was a child in Christmas time witchcraft was in my grandmother's house.
Christmas tree glistened with a beautiful colorful glow. In the night when the stars in the sky shone, and everything was asleep, Christmas tree toys - have come to life.

At my grandmother's house I kept the spare bedroom as my room with all her dolls in it. I had a fear of the dolls are alive when I was sleep.


Enchanted rocking horse, wooden little princess and carriage - everything became real. Used to wake up in the middle of the night, my imagination would let me see miniature animals, which were actually real and moving.  When I slept I had a feeling that my toys where  dancing around me so I stayed up with my eyes barrly closed I felt  how i am part of this story. I saw my toy soldiers climbing up a rope into a vase. And I know they weren't real but I did get kind a freaked out. I could hear drumming footsteps and bells ringing. I thought it was a group of toy soldiers marching off to war under my bed!It was like  live inside fantasy story. I used to believe that my dolls would come alive at night and that they would talk to the other dolls.
I remember pretending to leave the room saying "i'll be back in second" and was  hiding behind the outside of my bedroom door trying to peek at my bedroom through a tiny hole in my door looking at all my teddies and thinking" why are they moving?"
 I think it was not only with me. We all need magic in our lives. We  wants to believe that “that “ world is alive …

No comments:

Post a Comment